Monday, September 25, 2006

Jobs, Revisited

Well, it finally looks like it's official. I have a new job! It's not the firm, nor the money that I had wanted, but it's definitely better than the unemployment check that I've been collecting every two weeks! I begin at a firm in La Jolla tomorrow in an open-ended temporary position. This basically means that it *could* turn into a permanent position at some point in the future.

Although I'm not holding out much hope anymore, there is also still a slight possibility that the original firm I interviewed with will call with a permanent position. If and when they do, we'll figure it all out. I do know that if they do finally call they will be offering me about $12K a year more than the job I start at tomorrow - LOL, with that in mind, it's almost a no-brainer!

Thanks to all of you for your continued support during this time of struggle. You believed in me even when I began to doubt myself.

1 comment:

Gail Binette said...

Well congratulations Karen. Keeping my fingers crossed over here that the job you really want will fall into place.

Best wishes and I'm sure you are gonna look fab. in all your new work clothes.