Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bodacious Dream

So I had this dream.... *grin* - not really.


I am daydreaming about the fact that I'm still jobless and am supposed to find out something today though. It's been over two weeks since I went in for my first interview and over a week since I went back for the second one. I know they got my background report because I got a copy of it on Thursday. I'm still *sooooo * stressed over this! So what have I been doing to ease the stress? STAMP - of course!

I'm really trying to do more of the challenges on SCS. I loved the new color combination one that Emily posted today. - Real Red, Almost Amethyst and Bashful Blue. I combined it with the sketch challenge from yesterday and came up with this card.

I am loving the little Cutter Kit tool that Stampin' Up! has in the new catty. I have been distressing just about everything lately! And the new ribbons... well, suffice it to say that I will be buying more as soon as I get my first real paycheck!

This card also uses a technique called Finger Walking. Ink up a backgrond stamp and then lay it on your desk, rubber side up. Lay your cardstock over the top of it and then just tap your fingers around on top of it - you don't want to fully ink the whole piece of CS, just randomly move around so that the ink is darker in some places, and others won't get any ink at all.

All supplies SU!.
Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, Linen, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Everyday Flexible Phrases
CS: Whisper White, Almost Amethyst, Real Red, Bashful Blue
Ink: Same as above
Accessories: Cutter Kit, Hodgepodge Hardware, Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals

Well, need to go check on my not-so-young'un.... He has a recurring problem with a thumb that gets dislocated very easily. It has been recommended that he have surgery but he doesn't want to be out from basketball as long as it would take for the recovery process. In his defense, it hasn't dislocated since maybe January, but he did it pretty bad at school today lifting weights. I picked him up and had him pop it back into place, and told him if it popped back out I was taking him to the doctor. He is in the other room asleep with ice on it, and so far, it has not popped back out. Keeping our fingers crossed!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tried to send you an email about your 9/11 post - I too am an AF wife and put my DH at the top of my list of heros and people I admire most. I avoided tv and radio on Monday as much as I could - still to raw for me. Our 3 1/2 y/o asked me at the end of 9/11/01 if her daddy was dead or going to die b/c he was flying that day and planes fly into buildings... I comforted her, but when she was in bed that night I cried for so much - including the lose of my childrens' innocence and security. I am on my way to take them to school this morning, but while surfing SCS earlier I found some cards of yours that I really liked and came here looking for more inspiration (for when the kiddos are at school) and got caught up in your posts - TFS - sorry this is so rambling, but just felt the need to let you know that you touched a cord with me today.... hope all goes well with the job search!!