Saturday, September 16, 2006

Jobs...

I have been frustrated as all get out this past week as I still didn't have any good news about jobs. The firm I had done two interviews with supposedly wanted me but couldn't hire me due to some restructuring, I interviewed with another firm for a temp position and they didn't want me, and a third firm that I had been told I would start with on Monday decided I didn't have enough "recent" experience and didn't want me.

So I was feeling down, my feelings were definitely bruised - I have *never* had this hard of a time finding a job. C and I went clothes shopping the other night and even though I liked some of the outfits I tried on, my heart wasn't in it and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything.

Friday afternoon at about 5:15 I received a telephone call. It seems the original firm really *is* interested. They would like me to come in and work as a temp between the two offices. We are assuming it is probably their "try before you buy" type thing and if it works out they will offer me full time employment. I will hear more about it on Monday but it looks like I will be starting sometime this week.

So what did I do since I was in a better mood? I went shopping! C and I went back out today and boy did I strike gold! I ended up getting over $500 worth of clothes out the door for $260. They were having a huge sale on work slacks, a lady standing next to me in line gave me a coupon that saved me $75, and for the heck of it I applied for their in-house credit card and received an additional 20% off. LOL, I don't want the card, and if I do get approved for it will cancel - I only wanted the discount!

So, it looks like I should finally join the ranks of the gainfully employed again this week. Thanks for all your well wishes and "happy thoughts." They have been very much appreciated!

No comments: