Saturday, September 02, 2006

Monogram Magic




Once again - inspiration that has been sitting around the house and I'm finally getting to it! The smaller card with the monogram "i" was sent to my daughter by her good friend Isabelle months ago for her birthday. As she was cleaning out her room, I grabbed it and stashed it in my office. LOL, when I was cleaning *my* room I ran across it again. Go figure!

I have the house to myself today - except for Lucky, who is asleep on my office couch - and decided to finally work on this. I may still work on putting some Crystal Effects on the monogram on the "T" - I do like how the other one is so shiny. I did pop the monogram off the card with a dimensional though. Here's what I used:

Stamp Sets: Bodacious Bouquet; Riveting; Simple Type Alphabet, all by Stampin' Up!
Inks: Craft White and Classic Gable Green, by Stampin' Up!
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Gable Green and Dots & Dashes Designer Paper, all by Stampin' Up!

I designed it so it would fit in SU!'s new small open end envelopes. I do think I am going to use the other striped paper in the Dots & Dashes paper - more blues and greens - for more of these. I have decided that I am going to actually make some Christmas gifts this year, and notecards will be at the top of the list!

Enjoy your holiday weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I like your version a lot! I've been looking at things I have on hand lately, too, for "dress up" a new design. This is the first time I've visited your blog - I'll be back. Thanks for sharing!