Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Do the Hula Rock


*grin* I'm sitting here with that darn song stuck in my head and can't get it out. Somebody help me, quick!


I think as long as I'm not working and have time to stamp I am now officially glued to the SCS challenges! This is my version of Sketch Challenge 89 *and* Beate's technique of the week - Rock-N-Roll.

I had seen some patterned paper at my LSS recently and almost bought it, but realized I could make almost the exact same thing with my stamps. I used Weathered background and Hula to make the background paper. I stamped Weathered first by finger walking it onto the cardstock. I then inked the flower in Marigold Morning and then lightly rolled the edges in Cranberry Crisp before stamping.

I watercolored the hula girl on watercolor paper with aquapainters and classic inks. I love to just squeeze the pad before opening it so that ink transfers to the lid. I then just use the lid as my palette.

The layer under our dancer was scrunched up and then after straightening it out I dabbed brown ink on it.

All supplies SU! unless noted:

Stamps: Do the Hula, Weathered, Linen, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Cranberry Crisp, Very Vanilla, Marigold Morning, Watercolor
Ink: Cranberry Crisp, Marigold Morning, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel, True Thyme, Mellow Moss
Accessories: Aquapainters, Making Memories brads

Thanks for looking!

No comments: