Saturday, September 09, 2006

Challenge Fun

I'm having fun playing with my stamps today and remembered that I have been wanting to try this sketch challenge from Splitcoaststampers. The challenge is *only* two weeks old - better late than never, huh?


I had seen somewhere that someone had used Almost Amythest with Vintage Violet and liked the results, so I thought I would give it a try. I am pleased with this card, and since it's probably the last one I will get to do today, I'm ending on a happy note!

My oldest is at his first drivers' ed class and I have to go pick him up soon. I'm not sure what else we have in store for the day - who knows? maybe I'll get to come back and play some more.

Another fun note - since we don't have the markers to match the In Colors, I had to try to figure out a way to get my sentiment to match VV... I used Bravo Burgundy and then Night of Navy over it - together the two match just about perfectly! The brads really are even - it just photo'd weird.

All supplies Stampin' Up!:

Stamps: Linen, Blossoms Abound, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Eat Cake
Cardstock: Naturals White, Almost Amethyst, True Thyme, Vintage Violet
Ink: Certainly Celery, True Thyme, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst, Vintage Violet (all Classic)Accessories: Cutter Kit to distress, Word Window, Bravo Burgundy and Night of Navy markers Hodgepodge Hardware, Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals.


Thanks for looking - have a great weekend!

No comments: