Friday, September 01, 2006

Fun Ribbon

I've had this incredible pink ribbon with brown dots since February or so, I just have never had a chance to play with it. I have it in a very pale yellow (Barely Banana) a light green (dangit - it's a perfect match for ret. Mint Melody), and light blue (Bashful Blue) all with brown dots (which are a perfect match to Chocolate Chip).


I put all my ribbon in a new holder sitting on my desk, so I've been staring at this stuff for about the past week or so. I've been thinking about what I wanted to do with it, and I *finally* got it out today and decided to play.

I'm realizing I definitely like my work better when I have had time to think about what I'm going to do - as in I have an idea in my head before I sit down and actually start working. This is another of those ones that I had pretty much figured out in my head.. I knew I wanted to use the Weathered background stamp, and I knew I wanted to use Riveting (hostess set). I had even decided which color combination I was going to use. The rest was on the fly, but at least I didn't just sit down with a bunch of stuff and not know what I was going to do. I am very happy with the end result!

I've seen others talk about carrying sketch pads and small notebooks with them and had never really thought about having one, but now I am beginning to see the possible advantage of that. Since I know I like my work after it's been thought out, if I have a notebook nearby that I can start making sketches and notes in as I think about it, I just might start liking the ends results more.

Unfortunately on the job hunt, I *still* have not heard anything. J from the agency said not to worry about it. She said this firm is notorious for dragging it's feet and not hearing anything is actually good, not bad. I had just hoped to hear something before the holiday weekend, but no such joy. The kids keep telling me not to beat myself up about it - easier said than done!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute!! Love the layout, colors, and stamps you've combined! -Anna.

Anonymous said...

I lovethis card--pink and brown rule! Your design is very good as well. TFS!