Saturday, September 09, 2006

Weavin' all over...

If I were driving I think I would be weaving all over the road. I'm dead tired - it's been a long day - but I wanted to get this last one finished.

While I was trimming pieces off of the other cards I made today I started playing around with a weave. I liked how the pieces were coming together so I decided to stamp a couple more pieces of cardstock with Blossoms Abound, cut them up, and see what I could come up with. Above is my end result. From the very beginning all I wanted was the weave pattern without anything over it - I envisioned it as a quilt background when I started on it.

The little piece of ribbon was left over from an earlier project - and believe it or not, that's my *first* prima! I have four bottles that have been sitting on my desk for months - they were too pretty to open and use! I finally broke down and opened them a while back but still hadn't used them. The one I did end up using was a blue - maybe around the shade of Not Quite Navy or Buckaroo Blue? I just laid it on the Vintage Violet stamp pad to get it to match the color that I wanted.

I think it's sort of understated, but exactly what I was looking for. I even cut the edges of the Violet so that it is a frame around the weave.

All Supplies SU! unless stated:

Stamps: Linen, Blossoms Abound, Happy Everything, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Naturals White, Vintage Violet, True Thyme
Inks: Certainly Celery, True Thyme, Mellow Moss, Almost Amethyst, Vintage Violet - classics
Accessories: Sweet Shop Ribbon Originals, Hodgepodge Hardware, Prima flower

Thanks for looking! It's time to catch some zzzzzz's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you come up with some of your ideas...but I always love them. I am so glad you have them on your blog...its like you haven't really moved away! Well, sort of!

Melissa