Sunday, September 03, 2006

Land of the Big PX

I think I have said about a million times, and I'm sure you'll hear me say it again - "I love being back in the states!" *Grin* - In all honesty, I really miss Okinawa - we absolutely loved it there and had the situation been any different, we would have stayed given the chance. But the crafy side of me couldn't wait to get back here to the "Land of the Big PX!"


My daughter and I were trying to figure out something to do this afternoon/evening that didn't cost a lot of money. LOL, I know - let's go to Michael's! She couldn't get out the door fast enough - a girl after my heart! They didn't have what I went there for - a scalloped punch - but I can *never* leave there empty-handed.

All of the above ribbons were on the $1.00 clearance rack - meaning no one else wanted them but I can always figure out a way to use them! LOL, C and I were quite a sight - "I can use the orange and green one for Halloween, and I already know what I'm going to do with the green and pink argyle." And "Mom, the blue and green dots would look cute with the colors you were working on last night." We're home for the evening - she's going to work on her poster she's coloring, I'm going to stamp, and we're going to watch movies. A great way to spend the evening with your daughter, eh?

No comments: