Saturday, September 16, 2006

Back to Basics

I haven't been able to stamp in the past few days because I've been busy with so many other things - job interviews, getting some maintenance and repairs done to my car, etc. Today C and I went shopping for work clothes for me (job info to follow) and I was finally able to sit down and play tonight.

I wanted something quick... I wanted something basic... This flower stamp was sitting out on my desk from the last time I played. As I was sitting here literally playing with the stamp - turning it over and over in my hand - I wondered what it would look like if I stamped it in two colors - so I grabbed the nearest pad - Bashful Blue and then decided I wanted to try the combination below. I loved the color combination - Pumpkin Pie and Bashful Blue - and this is what I came up with. Fast, easy, basic layout and concept.


This is where I am most happiest - quick and easy cards. It's the reason my site is named Simply Stamping. It's not for "the only thing you're going to get here is stamping" it's for "this was done so easily and quickly."

I did use the Stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the orange over the blue. I wonder what I have done without this darn thing all these years. I know - I eyeballed - but I have always been anal about how my stamps line up and have often been disappointed with my results - so to me, this little gadget is a Godsend.

The bottom layer is Pumpkin Pie with both Linen and Weathered stamped on it. I love the look that you get from double stamping background images.

I purposely didn't clean the Linen stamp very good so that when I inked it again with Bashful Blue and stamped on the blue cardstock, I got some muddy colors.

For the ribbon I used the Seaside Ribbon Originals from SU! and put a small amount of ink from the pumpkin marker on the white stitching - mainly because I stamped my main image on vanilla instead of white and I didn't like the contrast.

So, here are the supplies - all from SU!:

Stamps: Bodacious Bouquet, IBB, Linen, Weathered, AYCI
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Seaside Ribbon Originals, Cutter Kit, Pumpkin Pie marker, SAMJ

Thanks for looking! I'll post about job results separately!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Great color combo. Love this card. Your work is taking off big time. good luck on the job front.