Saturday, September 09, 2006

Accidental Beauty

Do you ever try a technique or maybe a color and decide you don't like it and put it aside? I know you do... I think we all do. But do you throw it away or keep it? As I have said before, I don't tend to throw much away - my desk is covered with clutter and small pieces of cardstock!

Yesterday when I was playing with faux shaving cream, I thought I would try it on a background stamp. I inked the Linen background stamp with Certainly Celery, and *tried* to get the swirls with Green Galore - it didn't work. That is, it didn't work to my liking for the card I was trying to work on, so I put it aside and went in a different direction.

Fast forward to today. I wanted to play with blues and greens. I was getting ready to stamp on white cardstock when I noticed the green background that I had made yesterday... hmmm, the wheels start turning in my head - wonder what it would look like if I stamped over it?!

The above card is what I came up with, and I love the main image. The flowers stamped over it beautifully! I still feel like it could use something up at the top, but I didn't want to cover too much of the image.

I used a piece of the On Board Chipboard and just dyed it with my Buckaroo Blue classic pad. I also dyed white grosgrain ribbon with True Thyme to get the colored ribbon I wanted.

Supplies: - All supplies Stampin' Up!
Stamps: Linen, Blossoms Abound, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Whisper White, Buckaroo Blue, True Thyme
Ink: Certainly Celery, Green Galore, Bashful Blue, Buckaroo Blue, True Thyme, Mellow Moss - all classic pads
Accessories: On Board Chipboard, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Cutter Kit

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love it.... I have done it with a whole card and then went back and add something to it latter.

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Melissa