Thursday, September 21, 2006

Crazy? Maybe....

So I'm putting it all out on the line right here - I *HATE* my new car! We bought a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica when we moved back to the states. We've made three - yep, that's right - three payments on it. And why am I crazy? Because I'm trading it in! Yep - hopefully today I will be getting rid of it and getting my new Suburban - LOL, the vehicle we originally wanted in the first place!

We opted not to get a Suburban because of the gas mileage and the price of gas. We thought we could make do with a smaller vehicle. Well, we can't make do with a smaller vehicle - we're a very tall family and our height all tends to be in our legs... and gas mileage? Let's just say that I will probably end up getting better mileage in the Suburban with it's V8 engine than I am in the Pacifica. Chrysler advertises the Pacifica to get 17 mph in the city, 25 on the highway. The most I have ever gotten was 19 when we first bought it, and I am currently getting 12.9!

More to follow on this later - I have to get the car cleaned up and head back to the dealer this morning.

As for jobs - still no news. S says not to stress and worry about it, but I can't help it. I am so frustrated! I know there is a reason for this - for me not getting one yet - but for the life of me I can't figure it out!

I haven't stamped in days - I'm going through withdrawals! C and I have been having a Gilmore Girls marathon because Season 6 came out on video this week and Season 7 starts next week. We have 17 more episodes left to watch before next Tuesday. As much as I love "GG" - I need to stamp!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your car transaction!!!

Just wanted to say I have become addicted to "GG" this summer...it is on at 11am and 5pm in our neck of the woods. How did I miss it for 6 years??

Kathy

Gail Binette said...

Oh, so sorry about your car situation. I did that with a van a few years back, but had to stick it out. I dispise mini vans, but it was in the family and I got it for a good price. My son just got his drivers lic. and needed a vehicle. I would have rather of kept my little Nissan.

Thought you had that temp job from a few days ago?

Well go stamp something and you'll feel better. Hey, you can even make one of her "you suck" cards!