Thursday, August 31, 2006

Nothing to Update

Ugh!! Once again I'm playing the waiting game. I went in and was tag-teamed by the three attorneys that I would be working with. They all seem nice and I think I would enjoy working with them. After talking with them I met with the office manager. She led me to believe that they had others to interview and then they would get back to me - I was not aware of that, but I'm not necessarily in the *need to know* category. She said that the staffing manager would be getting back to me one way or the other.

I called the agency that sent me. J was on the phone and didn't get back to me, so I assume she hasn't heard anything either. I'm going to go on the concept of no news is good news at this point. However, it sure would be nice to have some positive word tomorrow - it would make for a great holiday weekend!

There are times when I really wish S were here. I hear a song on the radio or see something on TV and start bawling. I give myself less than 5 minutes to wallow in self-pity and then I have to pick up the pieces and move on. We're really doing extremely well considering the circumstances - I've done this so many times before, but that doesn't make it any easier. The kids both miss him, but this is the life they are used to also. C mentioned today that she had had a rough day missin him today. We talked, cried, hugged, and went on with homework :)

No comments: