Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Color Challenged


There are daily challenges posted on Splitcoast Stampers and in the three plus years that I have been a member, I have *never* participated! I have been thinking about it a lot lately and had wanted to start, and figured yesterday's challenge was as good as any!
This challenge involved using three of the new In Colors - Marigold Morning, Cranberry Crisp and Cool Caribbean - from Stampin Up! I have been thinking about this card for the past two days and I finally got around to stamping it tonight.
First I stamped the Word By Word background stamp with black StazOn on a transparency. I then painstakingly cut out the inside of each of the boxes so I had a template. Next I inked the actual stamp with a marker - I used Chocolate Chip - and stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock. Then using the template I stamped with the above colors and the Do the Hula stamp set, and then sponged, faux stitched, and added ribbon. I even made my own ribbon - the Cool Caribbean is white grosgrain dyed with the stamp pad, and the ribbon that matches Cranberry Crisp so well is actually one of the Bravo Burgundy ribbons from the Prep School Ribbon Originals set.
This is one of those "I'm not sure I like it" cards - the ones I absolutely love from the get go are few and far between.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your card is beautiful! I love your idea for the word-by-word stamp.

Karen said...

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the template - wish I could!! A very creative stamper on SCS came up with it, I just "borrowed" it.

Anonymous said...

Karen, I absolutely love your card! Looks pretty time consuming, but very cool! - Melissa