Saturday, August 26, 2006

Do you second guess yourself?

I do!! I need to take a lesson - make that lessons - in self esteem. There are two things I know about myself and will readily admit: 1) I do not take gratitude graciously; and 2) I am my own worst critic when it comes to my work. I have seriously worked over the years to learn to graciously accept thanks and gratitude when given, but still have a serious problem with judging my creative work.

What brings this whole rambling dialogue on, you ask? Yesterday I created my very first picture frame - see below - and as much as I absolutely loved the finished product, was afraid that my stamping peers would find the flaws - one of the corners wasn't right, something was lifting, maybe it wasn't straight - you get the picture.... Put one of my creations in front of me and I can always make a list of things that I think others will nitpick on them.

Anyway, I had mentioned that I was taking the frame to a meeting of Stampin' Up! demonstrators and it was to be one of the door prizes. So it's meeting time and time to pick doorprizes. There on the ledge were all the beautiful stamped and decorated gifts, and to my surprise which was the first one that was chosen by someone as theirs? You guessed it - mine! Deep down inside I was totally "woohooing!"

So how do you get beyond the "I'm not worthy" part of worrying when creating? I'm really going to have to work on it!

No comments: