Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Name change

I have been unhappy with the name of my blog - okay, so I love Semper Gumby - so much so that I have been living the life for 18 years and even have a tattoo on my back to prove it! I'm just bummed that I can't have it as my actual blog address - all variations I tried are taken, but it wouldn't bother me so much if they were actually up to date. They're taken by people who haven't even blogged in, like 3 years! The Marine Corps' motto is Semper Fidelis - Semper Fi for short. It means "always faithful." So think gumby, as in the play-doh character from childhood - LOL, did I just date myself? Gumby was able to easily bend and move - he was flexible - hence Semper Gumby - always flexible! It's kind of like the unofficial Marine Corps' motto. I'll have to get a picture of my tattoo and post it on here one of these days. Maybe next week - I'm *hoping* to go get my next one before we get out of here.

Back to my name - my group name with Stampin' Up! is the Semper Fi Stampers - most of us are Marine wives, and if not Marine, military. The name seemed natural. I decided that this is now my semper stampin blog.... the only way I could figure out a way to get the best of both worlds - LOL, suggestions are welcome!

Guess I need to spend more time around here too instead of rushing to do things. Can't believe I was trying to make it so much more difficult than it actually is! Now that I've figured stuff out, pictures to be posted soon!

1 comment:

Joan said...

This blog is great!! Joan