Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Don't Tell Me You Love Me

Remember the song by Night Ranger - "Don't Tell Me You Love Me"... That's all that keeps runnin through my head today - different situation though. Tomorrow is my last day at work - WOOHOO!!! I really don't like the job - but it's a job, and it's damn good money - about the most I can find here - and it's not retail! I'm only here for the paycheck. LOL, sound familiar? So anyway, I only work with 5 Americans, the other 40 or so are Okinawan - not a problem. The Okinawans are great, it's the Americans that I have a problem with - go figure. So back to the title of my song.... A couple of the girls I don't have anything to do with - never have. I don't kiss ass like they do, and have never let on that I would even want to. My problem lies with one of the others. She and I have been friendly off and on while I have worked here, but I wouldn't really term her a "friend." I knew her hubby for a couple of months before she started working here, we have all gone out for dinner a couple of times (S, me, and the two of them). She bitches all the time about how she doesn't like the others, but yet she is right there with them... so herein lies my problem. They (my entire office) threw a luncheon for me today, and we are partying tomorrow night too. My "friend" tells me today.... "I don't know why they decided to do this luncheon today, and at this time... we're all going to church." Um, geez, the rest of the year you're not a practicing Catholic, so why now? And um, I'm sorry I didn't check with your schedule before I scheduled my last days at work. "We'll try to come by after church if you're still there." So we sat at lunch for almost 2 hours - they went to church (supposedly, I don't know and don't care), and came straight back to the office - never even tried to stop in. "Don't tell me you love me...." Basically what I'm sayin is - DON'T f#&*'n lie to me! In all honesty, I couldn't give a shit if you want to come or not, but don't tell me one thing because it's what you think I want to hear when you mean something completely different. We all have things that we don't like - I'm not that hard to get along with. I'm fairly easygoing and laid back, I just don't like liars. In fact, I think the one thing that bothers me more than anything else, is lying...

On a different note - I get to go shooopppppin, I get to go shooooppppppin!! AAFES gave me a $250 gift certificate - I was fairly certain they would so have been trying to figure out how I am going to spend it. I have decided I am going to buy myself a new IPod.

No comments: