Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I've become one of THEM!

Ugh, I never thought I would do this! I have become one of "them." "Them" being the military wives who do nothing but complain. I'm so freakin tired of it all.... We've been sitting here in a house with no furniture and sleeping on the floor for over a week because I had been told by the housing office that they would *not* reissue furniture if we had already turned it in. So they wouldn't give us beds to sleep on for the last month we are here --- we're picking beds up tomorrow.... I heard that someone else had gone in and gotten furniture today, I call and am told "Of course you can come get stuff, we wouldn't want you to have to sleep on the floor for a month." That's not the biggest of my bitches though. We have been told as of today that it looks like he will defnitely be going back to Iraq. I know there is nothing I can do about it but I can lay blame -especially if it makes me feel better!.... LOL, I'm just looking for someone to be pissed off at. I have always been very involved and active with the Key Volunteer Network and also with helping plan and execute stuff around the squadron. I even planned a catered dinner for 400 people while he was on his way home from Iraq with the current squadron. I had already decided to take a break and not be so involved with the new squadron - this made the decision easy for me. I will *not* do jack to help out if this is the way they are going to be. I am soooo going into this with such a negative outlook now. We have to give the Corps two more years as he just pinned on rank on 01Mar - that will put him at 24 years. We had talked about possibly sticking around for a total of 30.... I now feel that this is the "nail in the coffin" - horrible analogy, I know - but if this is the way it is going to be, I can't wait to do the time so we can go on with our lives. I know I sound like a lot of the new wives who are young and didn't seem to know any better - "I didn't know he was going to be gone so much." Oh, how many times have I heard that one? But I've definitely been around long enough to know - over 18 years worth of knowing.... I've earned the right to bitch about it once in a while! The kids don't like it but are okay with it. C has plans to go to North Carolina and visit friends for about a month over the summer. I asked if this will change her plans, if she would go for a shorter time so she could spend time with Dad before he left. Her reply? "No, I think I'll still go for a month. I'm used to Dad being gone all the time." C'est la vie.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Good grief this is hard. I have no pat words of wisdom. Very hard indeed. Hope your brief respite in SLC will help! Joan