Friday, April 21, 2006

Jose Cuervo, You Are a Friend of Mine...


LOL, so I'm not drinking Cuervo, but watermelon vodka and Sprite works! I don't know what's wrong with me tonight. I should be happy, we're out of here in a month. But I'm depressed, home alone tonight, and decided to have a couple of drinks... Wow, I look at that and realize how bad it looks - it's really not!

Since I last wrote we have shipped our household goods. We have no beds, no living room furniture - we're using the rattan patio furniture - and very little else in the house except for a few dishes, linens and, of course, we all four kept our computers. We cleaned up the car and have it up for sale. I'm stressing over that - the money from my car selling here is going to the taxes and registration on the Pacifica. Know anyone in Okinawa who needs a nice car? It's the equivalent of a Lexus in the states. I would love to bring it back with us but it takes too much to get it legal for registration.


I think the two things that are bothering me the most are my impending surgery and S's possible re-deployment to the sandbox. I have my pre-op on the 2nd of May for an endometrial ablation. I was supposed to have a hysterectomy, but of course, since I've been begging them for 8 years to do it, now they agree and there isn't enough time for recovery before we leave here. The ablation should help for a while but I will most likely have to still have the hysterectomy in the future. I'm hopeful that I won't have to go through this whole process again once we get to Balboa. They have assured me that I'll just have to walk in and say "Hi, I'm here for surgery" but I have been around this gun club long enough to know that assurances don't mean shit. Take our new command, for instance. To make a long story short - I want so bad to type it all out but have been around too long... OpSec is drilled into me and I know it's not right to put it all out here on the web. So, we had been assured - there's that "A" word again - that he would NOT have to go back, even though the command is there. Numerous people said "no, you won't go, 'such and such' is going." Well, it seems that while we are 3/4 away around the world it has been decided that it would be better to have S go instead of the guy who is supposed to go. I'm all for him doing his job and his duty - I know there are others who have been 3 or 4 times already - I'm not against him having to go again, it's just that dammit - if I were to total it up, he has been gone at least 6 out of the last 10 years, if not more. Hell, just in the last 3.5 years here on Oki he has been gone a total of over 2 years. Suffice it to say that's the one part of this life that definitely gets old! If he is going to have to go, just let us know so we can prepare for it - both mentally and in other ways. I do not want to wait and find out the 1st of July that he will leave in 4 weeks.....

I would love to stamp but even though that's what I had planned to do tonite now I'm not in the mood for it. Maybe I'll go watch some Gilmore Girls - they always put me in a good mood. :)

No comments: