Saturday, April 15, 2006

Chula U, Chula U!

Once again I have to say, why they heck do we wait until it's time to leave for us to do things?!?!?!? S, C and I went to Chula U yesterday - man, best Y2100 we have spent in a long time! For approximately $20US the three of us got to sit in natural hot springs and jacuzzis all afternoon. As a society in general, we, as Americans are very prudish... the Japanese think nothing of being nude in a bathhouse - which was a real "eye opener" for C. Although they did have segregated nude areas, we stayed in the clothing mandatory areas. I tried to get her to see the lesson in humility - she didn't understand.

I also got my acrylic nails put back on yesterday. I keep them short and love having nails - my own are just so darn thin I can never get them to grow and stay long without breaking (or without me biting them!). I also treated C and myself to pedicures. What a relaxing day - manicure, pedicure and then the spa!

After the spa we went to CoCo's for dinner - it is going to be sooooo hard leaving all the great authentic food here - and then to Felton's going away party - Futenma Bowling Alley as usual. I sure am going to miss him. I can't begin to describe how I feel about these young guys. I look at them like my sons, or my little brothers. LOL, some of them are so young I really am old enough to be their mother! I remember when we first got here to Okinawa and I was around the guys that I was actually kind of jealous when I would hear them talking to DeDee and I was the outsider. It's so funny to hear a newbie call me "Ma'am" and have someone else say "that's Mom!" I know how difficult it was for S and I to move in our younger years, and that was just in the states. I can't imagine what it's like for these guys to be so far from home and not have anyone - hence the reason we are really more like a big family here and why they are so special to me. It's going to be very hard for me to leave this place and all of them. The closer we get to our departure date (36 and a wakeup!) the harder it is already becoming - I'm excited but also already starting to get a bit depressed.

No comments: